Agriculture economics is an applied field of economics in which principles of choices are applied in the use of scarce resources such as land, labour, capital and management in farming and allied activities.
Importance of agriculture economics
Knowledge regarding problem in production, finance, marketing and government policies and their impact on production & distribution is very essential to find out suitable solution for the farm problems
- Micro and Macro Economics
- Agriculture Marketing
- Farm Management
- Agriculture production Economics
- Agriculture Finance
The Division is currently involved in research on various aspects that will make significant implications for agricultural policy. Major research focus of the Division was on farm business analysis, efficient allocation of resources, supply response, input demand analysis and marketing efficiency. Research on food demand and supply scenario, impact of WTO regulations, food safety requirements, market information systems, peri-urban agriculture, etc. have been emphasized. Price forecasting and giving price signals to farmers is another area of interest
- Regularly attending village visit programme of the university and interacting with farmer on socio economic problems they are facing.
- Guiding farmers in crop planning and optimum allocation of land
- Guiding farmers regarding profitable enterprise combination
- Guiding farmers to overcome marketing problems
Future Thrust Areas
- Agricultural management, agribusiness, commodities markets, education, the financial sector, government, natural resource and environmental management, and public relations.
- A study at the micro and macro level for the agricultural sector is also generally made. Static and dynamic analysis are also relevant for the agricultural sector of the economy
Endeavouring to make Economics a guiding principle for Socio-Economic progress of farmers and facilitating a sustainable and inclusive development of the nation by harnessing potentialities the emerging from knowledge-based globalized environment.
- Impart quality education in theoretical and applied economics
- Create a pool of manpower to face the emerging economic challenges effectively with high standards of professionalism and ethics
- Promote and facilitate multi-disciplinary research
- Review and design economic policies at regional and national levels
- To Understand what happens in market and the macro-economy.
- To examining statistics about the state of economy and explaining their significance.
- To understand different policy options and evaluating their likely outcomes
|Course no.||Course Title||Credit Hrs.|
|AEC 102||Fundamentals of Agricultural Economics||2+0|
|AEC 201||Agricultural Finance and Co-operation||1+1|
|AEC301||Agricultural Marketing, Trade and Prices||1+1|
|AEC 302||Production Economics and Farm Management||1+1|