SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE SCIENCES AND FORESTRY
As world population increases, the need for more productive and sustainable use of the land becomes more urgent. Agroforestry is one among the sustainable land-use system that combines Agricultural crops (annuals) with tree crops (perennials) and/or livestock on the same unit of land.
The department of Agroforestry- a constituent of Rai Technology University, SASF of Karnataka aims in promoting forest crops in agricultural lands to get additional farm income, diversify the risk and total crop failure which is now prevalent in monoculture. It also adds benefits in recycling of nutrients and protection of ecological systems.
Agroforestry offers wide range of opportunities in carriers like plantation industries, farm forestry, aesthetic forestry and self employment through Multitier cropping.
- The department was established with well equipped facilities and infrastructure.
- The department has well qualified and experienced faculty members with their fullest commitments.
- Department also established Medicinal & Aromatic plants garden, Teak and Silver Oak plots as demonstration blocks.
- General well being of humans through sustained utilization.
- Management & conservation of existing Forests by improved Science & Technologies.
Creating awareness through academics & extension activities
- FUTURE TRUSTS
- To educate the next generation scholars and users of the forest.
- To solve distinctive problem through fundamental research on the nature.
- To share knowledge with end users for future conservations.